CortiTech is always looking to recruit motivated individuals who are interested in our work. Positions listed below are roles we are actively looking to fill; however, any individuals interested in joining our team should apply through the form above! General applicants are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Research Specialist (Research and Validation Testing)
CortiTech is a third-year undergraduate medtech startup developing a patent-pending atraumatic brain retractor. We have raised over $40k towards product development from sources such as the National Institutes of Health (NIH), VentureWell, and the Collegiate Inventor’s Competition. Our key advisors include Dr. Alan R. Cohen, director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at JHH, and Dr. Amir Manbachi.
Description of Role
We are looking for motivated students to join our team for prototyping testing and clinical validation of our manufactured device.
Potential tasks include:
- design and execute verification studies on porcine and human cadavers with neurosurgical fellows
- gather pressure data, procedural data, histology, and quantitative data
- collect qualitative feedback from usability surveys
- academic review and literature writing, working towards a publication in a peer-reviewed neurosurgery journal
- shadowing neurosurgeries to gain perspective on procedures involving our product
- communicating with clinical mentors, preparing study summaries and presentations
Work schedules will be flexible depending on the preferences of the candidate, with the potential for long-term involvement. We are looking for a commitment of 5+ hours a week.
Ideal candidates should have good communication and presentation skills as well as a strong interest in neurosurgery. Previous experience with academic writing and research (wet lab or clinical) is preferred.
Primary benefits include co-authorship on testing/design papers, patents, shadowing opportunities, hands-on surgery experience, and conference posters/presentations. There may also be potential for academic credit.
If interested, fill out the form above and send your resume to Sun Jay Yoo (email@example.com) by Oct. 18, 2019. Any questions can be directed to this email.